Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Lollipopping - Bakernanza

So I ended last Friday all hyped up over the yummy treats I was going to create over the weekend...

I was going to create a COLORFUL storm in the kitchen! We ran all over Singapore to gather the ingredients. N dropped Pinky and I at BIY over in Bukit Timah for some 'light' shopping... And both of us went gah gah over the HUGE range of colorful products they had in store!!! It was tough resisting the urge to grab all the pretty stuffs! I had a hard time being objective -  having consistently to debate over whether it is a necessity for the weekend's creation or a good-to-have for any impromptu bakes next time (cos you never know when you might need it right?!) *pouts* 

Anyway, the preparation process took longer than I expected. So a rough time gauge of what went on on Saturday :)
3pm - Some of them from my shopping bagss after BIY and Phoon Huat @ Bencoolen. We settled at Juju hotpot for luncheon.

 I never got soooooo excited over sweetsss before, except when I was younger. Now I do! From an NTUC trip to the candy aisle. (Pastel Sequins not included)

The main art and craft ingredient - this colour was SOLD OUT all over Singapore that weekend! :S But we managed to hunt down one in BIY :) Got them in PINK too!

So we were all set for the fun part! BAKING starts!! :) At 5pm! :D
5-6pm - Prepared cake mixture and sent into the oven for 40 minutes! 

TADAH!! Chocolate sponge cake!

While setting the cake aside to cool, we whipped up the frosting. I decided to go all chocolatey, so made a chocolate frosting :)

Raw frosting before being whisked...

6-10pm - after mixing&kneading the frosting and cake, we had to roll the dough into tiny balls like this! We had about 70 to roll!!!!!! Hence explains the time when we FINALLY finished! There was a quick Mackers dinner break in between and some playtime with Murphy lah...

11pm - Pushed in all lollipop sticks into rolled balls *yawnzzz* So I had to keep myself hyped up again. Decided to start the craftwork on ONE lolli to see how it will look like...

See a Hello Kitty ribbon set out on the napkin already? We bought 2 bottles of M&Ms cos we only needed the reds for the ribbons :) And the kitty ears all attached - that's made of edible chocolate too!

So FINALLY done!! At least we saw how the creation was going to turn out!
YAY! The FIRST Hello Kitty!!! More motivation to continue into the long night! :)

And luckily we did! Cos it was kinda fruitful to see all the heads popping up :):):)
Hello Kitty!

Funky people!

They all had CHOCOLATE for hairs! *slurpzzz*

Love-strucks
These were created cos we decided Kitty required too much effort and we would have to have a change in plan if we still wanted to sleep that night..

With the remaining drying and painting which only ended at 2am... (Z_Z)" but it was satisfying to see the results of our hard work... :) We only kept a few for ourselves and decided to give away the rest! :)

For a November baby! :)
Hope she likes it! :) Wendy, for you!

I doubt I ll be doing another batch that soon! :D Had a serious hangover on Sunday!
I think I ll stick to making kueh balus (5 min bake time) for awhile.. :) Already got the baking tray! :) heh heh! I m evil at fattening up people around me :)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails